Friday, May 23, 2008

Tall Buildings, Big Eyes

I love architecture. Whether it's a crappy little shack in a town of 200, or huge, tall buildings in a huge, big city. I've seen a lot of tall building in my life, but, I must say, NYC takes the cake. I felt like a complete tourist (which, I guess, I was) looking up at these ginormous buildings. I don't feel I was as awe-struck as the 40 year old Midwest moms surrounding me, but, it was pretty darn cool to see the Empire State Building.

I have a lot of pictures from my recent trip to NYC, so, I'm trying to separate them in to a few sections. First up, my favorite pictures of architecture.

Photobucket
From Brooklyn, the Manhattan Bridge.

Photobucket
Looking towards Brooklyn on the Brooklyn Bridge

Photobucket
From Battery Park

Photobucket
Red Cube, HSBC building, financial district

Photobucket
From the Staten Island Ferry

Photobucket
Empire State Building from 5th Avenue near Greenwich Village

Photobucket
From Bryant Park

Photobucket
Chrysler Building

Photobucket
In Midtown

Photobucket
Columbus Statue, Central Park

2 comments:

Nathan said...

Architecture and photography... I love it when my favorite things combine! I love the picture of the Empire State Building.

Kates said...

You might as well put together a bunch of pictures and sell them as postcards out there. Those pics are amazing!