Monday, October 27, 2008

Home & House Cats

We've been doing a little work on our basement lately. After putting up the sheet rock on our north wall (which was torn out to put in support beams when we bought the house), we decided we wanted to make it an exciting space to chill out in. Now keep in mind we are usually subdued, quiet, calm people. So, loud colors really are out of the norm for us. I mean you can usually find Kris wearing black... and, my closet resembles various shades of grey and browns. But, we wanted to break out of our shells, so we went with some very, very loud colors.

We're making a trip to IKEA next week, so, these rooms currently do not look put together. I promise to post more photos in a couple weeks when we finally get it the way we like (after almost one year!)

First, the anti-chamber...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Not sure you like the creamsicle orange? Me either. It's definitely bold.

Our TV/Game room (please mind the quasi-mess, it is our living space)...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here is a painting by Jim Fletcher (my High School art teacher) gave my parents for their wedding 26ish years ago. My dad is letting me borrow it for a bit, under the understanding that it must stay in a dark room (to limit fading) and that it will be returned to them. Isn't it beautiful?

Photobucket

Meanwhile, I put up another photo collage similar to what we had in our apartment. I've filled it full of pictures of friends and family, but, realized it's been awhile since I've printed off anything... lots of old photos in there.

Photobucket

Yesterday, to my dismay, it snowed. Luckily, it's all gone now, but, we thought it would be a good oppurtunity to let the cats discover why it's not cool to go outside. They didn't get the memo.

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Al said...

Love the colors. The green seems like it would compliment the Wii nicely.

And the cats are getting big!