Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Bench

If I've learned two things as a fresh-faced home owner, it is:

1. I am not a plumber

2. My taste in furniture is far too expensive


For the first time in my life, I have a chance to buy furniture for a home. Unfortunately, I love modern, simple design... which, comes at a price tag. I've been looking for a nice bench to put in our living room/entry way. Here are a few I've found... and their price tags...

Photobucket
designpublic.com ~ $490

Photobucket
designpublic.com ~ $805

Photobucket
Design Within Reach ~ $998

Thank goodness for IKEA.

I've come up with a bench made of IKEA stools. They are not a designpublic bench, but fit with my style better than what I can find at Target.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ah, maybe my idea is ugly... but, at $20 per stool ($40 for the whole), it's worth it.

1 comment:

Nathan said...

I've always wondered why they call it 'design within reach'. Within who's reach? Definitely not mine!